Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bloomin Wonderful!















Good Afternoon!

Is everyone having a great weekend? It's the weekend..... it has to be great! LOL! As a rule I only work half a day on Saturday. Today however I had to put seven hours in. :( Oh well, I'm home now and have the laundry going .. So now I can play with paper!

My card today is for two challenges... Are you surprised? I've chosen Jugs 4 and Crazy 4 Challenges 8. For Jugs 4 we were to add three geometrical elements. I have a rectangle, circle and square. I tucked the corner of my square under the focal image. Crazy 4 Challenges is a dimensional challenge. We had to make our own flowers. I haven't made little flowers like this since I was a kid. That was a long time ago.... believe me! Okay back to my card! :)) I stamped my focal image from Su's Thoughts and Prayers. I then made my little flowers and attached them. My card base is chocolate chip, layered with whisper white and dp from a mat stack. My sentiment,square and circle were cut out with nesties. Well off to finish my laundry!

Have a great day!
Patti

Recipe: Su, nestabilities

15 comments:

Kristine said...

Oooo, this is BEAUTIFUL Patti! LOVE the colors and your stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me such a wonderful comment--that totally cheered me up! (I've been sick for a few days) but now I'm smiley! :)

Kristin Eberline said...

What a wonderful card, Patti! Such a great idea to use SU's Thoughts and Prayers floral branch! Love your little dimensional flowers you created. They remind me of the ones we made with a pencil eraser, glue and tissue paper :O) So clever, Patti!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls again this week!! We sure love having you and checking out the eye candy you create :] Hope to see you again next Saturday for the Wild Card challegne I'm hosting! You don't want to miss it...EVERY participant will be a winner ;]

craftieodmae said...

It is plum gorgeous my friend!!!!

Lisa Kind said...

Really pretty card, Patti! Love your flowers! It's good to see you back playing our JUGs challenge! Hope to see you next week!

Payne Holler Cards said...

well GF this is super cool! love your flowers and the design! so neat you see more than one challenge in your head and it works on paper!!! I'm going to try and combine more...try..being the word!!!

Selma said...

Patti this is gorgeous. Love you layout.

AKiteFlier said...

Patti I'm loving those little floral buds - Kristin I think I missed that tutorial about erasers and glue and tissue> Patti was present in class that day - VERY cute on the branch - I love that you came up with a tiny, delicate 3D floral accent.
Thanks SO much for playing along with Just Us Girls again! I hope you had a great time and will join us again next Saturday for a brand new challenge.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a soft, elegant looking Sympathy card! I love the delicate lil' 3-D buds that you created! Thank you for playing along with Just The Girls this week in the 3-D flower challenge! I love seeing your creativity each week & I will be looking forward to seeing more of your talent! :)

Victoria said...

ha - at last you made tissue flowers! I'm not alone now. Bet you had fun too.

Love the card

Victoria
x

Laurel Beard said...

How stunning. I love all the little flowers on the branch.. Beautiful. TFS.

redwasher1 said...

WOW! These are gorgeous!! Love the flower buds!!!

Andrea M said...

What a great idea! Love how you made many smaller flowers - so clever :) Your card is gorgeous! Great job. Thanks for sharing!

Lynn said...

What an elegant card and such a caring sentiment..

Lori said...

Love your little flowers!

Unknown said...

WOWEE! I love how you did a bunch of TP flowers!! beautiful -- give the card a real 'softness' to it. Great colors too - lovely, just lovely! Thanks for playing along with us this week at JUGS -- hope to see you back on Saturday!!