Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Fairy Sweet Sketch!



Good Morning to You!

   Are you ready for Christmas?
I am.... finally! We went to town
yesterday and I have to tell you the
highlight of my day was..... Saying
Merry Christmas to perfect strangers!
Yes I was politically incorrect by not
saying "happy holidays" I prefer to
keep Christ in Christmas!

OK, off my soap box and onto my card!

  This card is for Sweet Sunday sketch #49 and A Fairy Creative Place challenge. We are to do our favorite technique for A Fairy Creative Place.  One of the first things I learned was how to emboss! I still love the effect it gives a card!
I was in need of an "off beat" card! I think this fits the bill!
My card base is bermuda bay layered with whisper
white and sweep pea dp. My sentiment is
celebrations and is heat embossed. I then  nestled it on two
different label dies cuts. I switched the sketch up a bit,
but all the elements are there!
Huge update! The wonderful and talented Victoria pulled my name
out of the hat for her totally awesome blog candy! Thanks Victoria
Have yourself a super great day!
Hugs
Patti


13 comments:

Victoria said...

fab card Patti. You might want to stop my my blog today!
x

Terri said...

This is awesome!!!

Carol said...

Love this one! Great colors and sketch, it all fits together so perfectly.

Patti J said...

Perfection! I love Bermuda Bay and anything - just a great color! You did a wonderful job on this upbeat and colorful card! And I love you for standing on that soapbox and saying Merry CHRISTmas!!! Ginormous hugs to you!

Deb said...

Patti, what a great card! I really love these colours, especially the flowers.

I'm with you on the Merry Christmas thoughts! Its nice to see though that this season I've found more people than ever have said "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays", for which I'm grateful ~ as it IS Christmas. :-)

Have a wonderful, Merry Christmas!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card. Congrats on the win of Victoria's candy.
Merry Christmas to you!

Karen Giron said...

This is such a sweet card! I love the new Sweet Pea paper and the layered curvy rectangles - beautiful!

loz said...

Beautiful card Patti. Have a Ver4y Merry Christmas..Laurel

loz said...

Beautiful card Patti. Have a Ver4y Merry Christmas..Laurel

craftieodmae said...

How did I miss this yesterday? It's gorgeous! Merry Christmas my friend and God Bless!

Lori said...

I really like how you highlighted part of your dp and layered your sentiment. Well done!

Theresa's Studio said...

Joined you in the CCS Challenge. Looks like it will between the 2 of us!!! Thought I let you know that I am going to give you some competition!!!

Nina said...

love this, and I love that word stamps, how fun... love the summery feel to this as well!! and lol aboug Merry Christmas, they can just chuck the happy holidays!! I mean, Christ is the center of christmas, I never understood why people who don't believe that celebrate it at all! Yes, to MERRY CHRISTMAS!