Sunday, April 11, 2010

Half Cut Easel

Good Morning!
This will be quick.... I want to get my carpets done early!
After they are done ALL of my spring cleaning is done and
I'm a free woman! I used the same half cut die technique
I used yesterday only I made an easel card! This took about
an hour to figure out! Now I can tweek it up a bit with my
next one!

My card base is 41/4 X 12 and scored at 4' and 8'. I extended my 
half cut die from the first panel to the middle panel. It worked out
pretty well I think. I then cut my thoroughly modern dp with the
same nestie and used the negative . This is the first time I have
actually used the bird punch from SU to make a bird ! LOL!
This is the card flat. It will fit a regular business envelope!


Well that's it for today... see you in the morn with Magical Monday!
Carol.... one week from today :)
~Hugs~ PaTTI


17 comments:

raindropecho said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love those two colors together - always so classy. Beautiful card, Patti!

Deb said...

What a stunning card Patti. I just love the colours, love the bird (especially how you did the wing with dsp) and the stamp set too. I'll have to give this a try, its great that it fits inside a regular business envelope.

Lisa Foster said...

This is GORGEOUS Patti! I love the size! Thanks for sharing the dimensions...I wrote them down to give a try:)
You are done with Spring cleaning? I'm so envious! I haven't even started yet.
Hugs,
Lisa

craftieodmae said...

well isn't this neat! I love it, gotta try this myself. TFS

Victoria said...

this is so beautiful Patti - I'm loving your colour choices

Hugs
Victoria
x

Lori said...

Clever! Great job on this, "new" technique! You will have to do a tutorial. The colors are fabulous! I like the fact that you can mail it in a reg. business envie!

A Consuming Passion said...

What fantastic colours you chose for this brilliant Easel.........just perfect!

Janice M said...

This is so pretty Patti! Love those colors together.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Cool design and gorgeous colors!

Kelly said...

Ooooh, so very pretty Patti. I love the colors you used and the way you entended the image is awesome! I'll bet you are doing a happy dance now that your spring cleaning is done!

Payne Holler Cards said...

i agree with Lori...need a toot! this is really elegant - lovin the colors....but I am GREEN that your spring cleaning is done....although you have been bustin it lately!! that's the part I hate - I need a fairy godmother with a wand...or like I tell my DH...we both need a good wife! LOL

Betty Benton said...

Well aren't you smart! All your spring cleaning done and a new card technique!! Looks great!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Patti how did you do this! I just learned how to do a easel card. It is stunning!!

Terri said...

Well now, look at all the interesting things I've missed....Your work continues to awe and inspire me, Patti!!!
I'm sending Carol's swap card to you house...wish I could be with you guys...have fun!!!

Carol said...

LOVE IT! Those colors rock! Getting really anxious to get down the road to your house!

CraftinGranny said...

Great easel card Patti!! Now you need to do a tutorial on just how you did it.........LOL Love the new look of the blog and the colors. "Hugs" Granny

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me such inspiring comments.

Kerrie said...

Beautiful card, love easel cards....