Thursday, August 13, 2009

Flight of the Butterfly!


Good Morning!

I bought the ribbon I used on this card about six months ago.I have tried and tried to build a card around it! Finally I did it! I needed inspiration though! My friend Betty at Stamp TV made this card that got my mojo goin! I kinda kept her layout! Really that's about all! When I first started the case I had no idea this is where I would end up! I had no idea I would get to use my ribbon! Yea! My card base is Gina K pure luxury chocolate brown ( thanks Terri )! I then layered with whisper white and pink pirouette. My pink pirouette was run through the big shot with swiss dot ef. I punched out chocolate with my scallop square punch and layered again with pink pirouette. My brown butterflies were stamped right on the pink pirouette and the white ones stamped and cut out. I love how this card turned out!


Have yourself a great day!
Patti

Recipe: SU, Flight of the Butterfly, Whisper White, Pink pirouette, square, scallop square punch, Gina K luxury cs, Big shot

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Love your card and ribbon! Don't it make ya feel good to use things like that!

Betty Benton said...

What fun! Glad I could help you find a use for that ribbon!! I'm honored you wanted to case my card! I totally love how you can start off being inspired by a card and how it acquires its own personality as it's being put together!

loz said...

Beautiful card and great matching ribbon...Loz

Carol said...

Love this card. Love that stamp set, gotta get it some day! I have that same ribbon and love it. Pink and brown are a fav of mine. The layout is just perfect! Made me smile!

Payne Holler Cards said...

isnt it great when it all comes together but when you're working on it ...it seems like its going nowhere..and then..pop! adorable card! that's what you have here LOL this is so cute and girly :))))

CraftieConnie said...

How very very Pretty, Patti! Just love how you put all this together and the colors!

Alicia said...

I think this card is adorable love the pink and brown.