Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Miracle of Christmas!

Good Sunday Morning!
Hope all is well with you today! I am really excited! I got my first set of stamps from Gina K yesterday! Jump up and down! Whoohoo!! I bought a set designed by Melanie Muenchinger called A year of flowers . I had used the set at my big sisters house. It's way more fun having my own! So my first card with the set had to be for a challenge on Stamp TV ! It's only right after all!The challenge I chose was the Potluck Friday Challenge.

The challenge goes like this:

One-Two-Three-Four Recipe:

1 or more designer paper
2 or more different types of bling
3 or more pastel colors
4 or more layers

My card was stamped using the poinsettia from A year in flowers. I embossed with glitter EP. I added a few pearls, and stickles for my bling. The rest is pretty straight forward. The DP has the 3 pastel colors, and there are 6 layers. There you have it!


I really like how this turned out! I wasn't sure using pastels for a Christmas card would work, but it turned out fine! LOL! I'm looking forward to using this set a lot more! Can't wait to get more Gina K stamps! LOL!!

Have a great weekend!
Patti

Recipe: Gina K, A year of flowers, Su, perfect plum, pale plum, whisper white CS.

8 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Congrats on your first Gina K. set, Patti! I hope you are hooked now! I can't be the only one giving all my money to Gina! The card came out lovely.

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

SO Pretty! I Love those colors for Christmas! Just Beautiful!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Congratulations on your very GK sets, they are very addictive. Beautiful card! Geri

A Consuming Passion said...

You've created a beautiful card Patti!
I love the popped up flower and the pretty dp works so well with it.
Good luck in the challenge.

Lori said...

Isn't this the best set ever? You have done a wonderful job w/ the challenge. I'm still struggling...

Selma said...

You purchased one of my favorite sets Patti. Your card is very beautiful. I love the pastel colors. Have lots of fun with your new set. Bet you end up buying more!!!!

craftieodmae said...

this is awesome!! Love those colors........

CraftieConnie said...

Absolutely beautiful Patti, Love how you put this card together!